Photo Gallery and Awards
To view a larger image just click on the thumbnail images below.
It was obvious from the plans that the Hudson house was going to be something special. The Entrance therefore would have to be too. Originally Aluminium Joinery was specified but a change of heart brought the clients to my Workshop where after a quick flick through the photo album, they where convinced that timber was the only option.
– The front entrance doors are one of my own designs “The Woodsman”. Panels are routed then hand finished. All joints are mortise and tenoned.
– The radius of the arch matches the radius of the “porch”.
– Glazing bars – thick, chunky and beaded.
Challenge of the job/design complexity:
– The challenge of this job was to compliment the architectural design of the house, so in doing this I had to come up with a design that the client was comfortable with.
– The size of the entrance. 8mm steel plates were laminated between each mullion to ensure stability.
– Transportation from the workshop to the site (on piece).
Choice of timber:
FIJIAN KAURI for the frame – this was selected for its strength and straight grain
WESTERN RED CEDAR for the sashes, side lites and doors - selected for its tried and tested qualities.